Friday, March 16, 2007

Meet me where the new cools & trends in pieces of the lives of others intersect

I'd like to be one of those people who are in fashion without even knowing it. Alternatively, I'd like to be one of those who re-enters fashion without realizing they were ever out of date. I seriously considered giving you up, as a fashion statement, but that would probably not make me a better nor happier person. Yes, true. And self satisfaction is the current It.

So I need you, cotton laces and boy's underwear; satin bomberjackets; silk scarves and fishnet stockings. Must haves this season: New bracelets, diadems and cheap plastic pastel jewellery. A lighter shade of blueish skinny jeans, more green in, modesty out, purple for spring and babydoll tops reshelved to highest wardrobe status. I know we can get along just fine. (Conscience of the world, bear with me. I'm sure it's just another seasonal phase.)

Also: Moodshifts and Swedish pop in my headphones, The Mechanical Bride in my design bag, heart on the subway between Christie station and Ossington, Sushi with you on Bloor, chemicals on Fridays, sleep-in Sundays and waking up next to another you withour regretting the dress I wore yesternight. And yes, nearly forgot - friends with pancake skills.

My heart will never recount for all the missing days, but who cares about that when there are addictions to be refreshed. Please don't go, never leave me, buy me for free. It's okay, you'll stay for this round too. Just remember that charcoal or black pearl does not match sunlight or pale skin (except if you're in Finland).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark-eyed friends with pancake skills 4ever! New slacks from Eaton Centre 4ever! Cool friends with tight jeans and green shirts (two days early) 4EVER!

You're ace, baby :)

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Anais said...

So true, dear, so true. Everything (is) 4ever anyway.

10:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home