Monday, October 30, 2006

Remaking history, transforming future, enacting boundaries (let's do it your way)

A scenario never played out, never embodied.

”I don't need you anymore.”

(Crying)

”You're unappropriate, our frameworks don't match, you demand too much. I just want to live in peace, undisturbed by your agendas.”

(Crying)

”We're too different, it would never work out, never last. I want a calm and peaceful life.”

(Louder cry)

”You know, someone more predictable than you. Not too much analyzing. You bring too much questioning into my life and I can't deal with that constant stress, of always feeling like I'm absence, like lacking.”

(Cry; softer, submissive)

”And you see – I already have quite a convenient life. I choose that over passion. It's more rational I guess. Conforming to life.”

(Crying stopped)

"Actually it isn't because of you. I like you just the way you are, but you scare me. I'm afraid of what you will bring forth in me, I'm frightened of what I would become in your presence, of what I'd reveal to myself and the world if you and me become us.”

(A door closing)

”Because you know, I'm quite sensitive, I don't think you realize that. Of course I want you, but it's more complicated than that. I want you, I really do. Since the first time I saw you.”

(Silence)

”I can't just give up everything else you know. I think you have a distorted view of reality, too romantic. I can't give up everything for something this uncertain. I'm not like you, I need a stabilizing force, a comfortable sphere. You make me aware of my Pandora's box – I can't possibly open that, you see?”

(More present silence)

”I would like to love you, but my obligations are elsewhere. In a safe environment, in a world where the future is visible and clear.”

(Pressing silence)

”We could never be. We can never start, never end. We just have to continue like this, like we've done this far. Unspoken, unwritten, silently. My way or no way I guess. Love can never be enough.”

(The longest silence)

And the long hours, minutes, seconds of waiting. I restrain myself. You never wanted to become someone else for me. I do not engage in force, I cry resigned, for not being able to translate properly, for you not being able to read. There's no meaning beyong language you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home